IVF, Fertility & Pregnancy
Trying for a baby has become increasingly difficult for couples. Statistically, approximately 1 in 6 Australian couples of reproductive age are affected by some sort of fertility issue, or infertility, defined as the inability to conceive after 12 months of “trying” or unprotected sex. Many are seeking medically assisted reproductive technologies (ART), including IVF (in-vitro fertilisation) and ICSI (Intra-cytoplasmic sperm injections) to enhance their conception possibilities.
IVF is a highly specialised medical intervention and demands expert advice and supportive techniques to enhance its effectiveness. As a dedicated and experienced Naturopath and Acupuncturist, Dr Miranda Myles is in a unique position to work with and support patients through IVF and ART. Miranda has a thorough working knowledge of reproductive techniques. Having experienced IVF and her own reproductive issues, Miranda understands, and is sympathetic to, both the physical and emotional distresses that occurs during this time.
Naturopathy, herbal medicine, nutritional support and acupuncture have been shown to increase conception both naturally and through IVF technology.
- Naturopathy, herbal medicine, nutritional support and acupuncture have been shown to increase conception both naturally and through IVF technology.
- Preconception health care has been shown to double IVF success rates. This is a specialty field of Naturopathic Medicine. Dr Miranda Myles specifically designs preconception programs to enable you to achieve a successful conception, pregnancy and baby, either naturally or through IVF.
- IVF can be a highly stressful time. Dr Miranda Myles has first hand experience of IVF. Having gone through it herself, she understands the stress, the disappointment, and the heartache. Miranda provides exceptional support for stress management, which enables IVF recipients to cope more effectively with ongoing treatment regimes.
- Acupuncture significantly enhances IVF outcomes according to many studies and research.
NATUROPATHY, FERTILITY & IVF
Preconception health care has been shown to double IVF success rates. Naturopathic principles are at the core of preconception or prenatal care. Preconception health care involves striving for optimal health prior to conception attempts; to prepare you and your body for pregnancy, birth and beyond, either naturally or through IVF.
Miranda is experienced in working with couples to identify issues that may be interfering with the quality of sperm and eggs, and thus the ability to successfully conceive, either naturally or through IVF.
Your overall health is absolutely correlated to your fertility and your ability to conceive; a healthy mind and body can boost your chances of getting pregnant. IVF can be a highly stressful time. Dr Miranda Myles has first hand experience of IVF. Having gone through it herself, she understands the stress, the disappointment, and the heartache. Miranda provides exceptional support for stress management, which enables IVF recipients to cope more effectively with ongoing treatment regimes.
Naturopathic medicine includes the specific use of herbal medicines and nutritional supplements shown to increase fertility and conception rates. Used in conjunction with IVF, herbal medicines and nutritional supplements may improve IVF outcomes. However, it is important that these medications are professionally prescribed and tailored to your particular needs. There are some herbal medicines and nutrients that are not appropriate for use with IVF drugs. Highly experienced in assisting couples with their fertility and offering exceptional IVF support, Miranda is versed in this knowledge, and will only prescribe based on the appropriateness for you. Miranda is happy work in conjunction with your Fertility / IVF Specialist, consult with them, to ensure not only efficacy, but also complete safety in treatment.
ACUPUNCTURE, FERTILITY AND IVF
Acupuncture is effective in improving natural conception. It has also been shown to enhance IVF outcomes by as much as 60% compared with control groups.
- Acupuncture may balance hormone levels and regulate the menstrual cycle
- It improves egg & sperm quality, quantity & normal development (sperm count, motility & morphology)
- Acupuncture increases the rates of pregnancy and live birth in women undergoing IVF
- Acupuncture has been shown to reduce the miscarriage rate and the number of tubal pregnancies associated with IVF technology.
- Employed in the early stages of pregnancy, acupuncture may reduce subsequent miscarriage risks in women suffering recurrent miscarriage.
- Acupuncture increases blood flow to the uterus, preparing the uterine lining for implantation and subsequent pregnancy
- Stress, anxiety and sleep may all be improved with acupuncture
- Acupuncture regulates the immune system which may increase embryo implantation and prevent rejection.