Dedicated to your health…naturally
Hello, I’m Miranda and I love what I do! As a Naturopath and Acupuncturist, I am passionate and dedicated to the world of fertility, IVF support, gynaecology, women’s and men’s hormonal health, children’s health and emotional/mental health. I want you to be all you can be. The very best version of you.
Having gone through IVF with my own fertility issues, I get it. The disappointment of every period. The stress, anxiety, anger and fear. It seems everyone around you is suddenly pregnant. There are pregnant women everywhere. In your office, friend group and favourite cafe. Everyone is walking with a pram! Even the ones that never wanted kids! I had my own individual journey, and now I am a mum.
My private practice was established in 2002. I uniquely combine an integrated approach to health through multiple disciplines. As a business owner, director and entrepreneur, I developed one of Melbourne’s leading natural health and fertility treatment clinics for women, men and children.
I have also developed my own hand-blended, organic, therapeutic herbal tea range “Teasing” (Click here for more info)
I have developed extensive knowledge and expertise in:
Conceive Fertility; natural fertility and IVF support for both men and women
- Natural fertility and successful conception
- Optimal preconception health care for women & men
- IVF preparation, support and improving IVF success rates
- Alternative pregnancy methods such as donor egg and donor sperm support
- The promotion of healthy pregnancies
- Helping you prepare for labour
- Improving post-natal health and recovery
Fertility is not just making babies
Fertility is so much more than being able to conceive. It indicates productivity and wellness. In the same way happiness improves conception, being fertile increases our sense of wellbeing. I may help sort out:
- Gynaecological complaints including menstrual irregularities, PMT, endometriosis, fibroids, ovarian cysts & PCOS, adenomyosis, ovulation problems
- Andropause, erectile dysfunction, prostate problems
- Your questions regarding the pill and alternative contraception methods
Happy hormones – Stress, anxiety, thyroid and menopause
If you feel you are stuck in the hormonal hell of menopause, we need to get you out! Let’s balance your hormones and balance your life. Sex, thyroid and stress hormones are all intimately connected and often go haywire at the same time, especially around peri- and meno-pause!
Anxiety and stress affect not only fertility outcomes, but also make menopause worse. Let’s de-stress and get rid of your anxieties around your fertility, or life generally.
Let’s treat your thyroid conditions, including hyper- or hypothyroidism, thyroiditis, auto-immune thyroid (Hashimoto’s and Graves).
Nurturing and nourishment for you and your family – The promotion and development of children’s health.
As a mum, I am passionate about resolving any health issues for infants and children, naturally. This leads to improved health as infants develop through childhood and adolescence.
I can help guide you through a variety of challenges including sleep problems, dietary issues and food allergies, immunity matters, stress and anxiety. Click here for more information.
Naturally adapted to your needs
- Digestive complaints including IBS, IBD, bloating, constipation/diarrhoea
- Energising the body to alleviate fatigue and restore vitality
- Insomnia and any stress related conditions
- Nutritional deficiencies, food intolerances and allergies
- Common medical complaints including immune and inflammatory problems headaches, asthma, eczema, hay-fever
How do I do it?
I use a myriad of different techniques integrating western and eastern techniques, including acupuncture, naturopathic and nutritional medicine, achievable dietary advice, herbal medicine, homeopathy, simple lifestyle changes. Click here for more information.
I am versed in blood test interpretation. I encourage my clients to bring all current (within 12 months) blood tests to the initial consultation. We may need to conduct further Functional Medicine tests including:
- genetic testing
- vega testing
- food intolerances
- complete digestive stool analysis
- hair mineral analysis
- hormone salivary tests
- adrenal and cortisol hormones
- MTHFR or nutritional deficiencies.
I have been lecturing in Nutrition and Nutritional Biochemistry since 2006 at Endeavour College of Natural Health and Southern School of Natural Therapies (Think Education). I have guest lectured at RMIT and La Trobe University. I recorded a series of CD’s on Nutritional Medicine for use by medical doctors throughout Australia. My passion and quest for knowledge enabled me to conduct Nutritional Medicine training sessions in China.
- Masters of Applied Science – Acupuncture
- Bachelor of Health Science – Naturopathy
- Bachelor of Arts (major Psychology)
- Certificate of Natural Fertility
- Certificate of Clinical Internship at Zhejiang Provincial Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Certificate Esoteric Acupuncture, levels 1 & 2
- Certificate IV Education and Training
- Australian Natural Therapists Association – ANTA 11348 (2012- current)
AHPRA – CMR0001740553